May 25th is International Tap Dance Day - get out there and celebrate!
Some great tap dance sites:
International Tap Association
The Tap Dance Blog
History of Tap
The Tap Source
Friday, May 6, 2011
Thursday, May 5, 2011
How do you stay organized for the big day?
Here is my quick list for what I prepare as a teacher:
- I type up all of my baby dances to have them on hand. Why is it that the simplest dances are the easiest to forget?
- A list of all of my students for each class as well as their line-up if they are too young to remember where they stand.
- My 'backstage kit': filled with bobby pins, safety pins, shout wipes, band-aids, extra makeup and a little sewing kit
- Extra props, headpieces, tights and accessories
- Gifts for my assistant teachers
- A comfortable outfit for setting up and then a dress to change into for the show
- A back up CD of my music
- Snacks and lots of water (and usually a large coffee in the morning)
- My camera!
What do you pack when getting ready for recital day?