We will be exploring these questions and more during our series: Thera-bands for Dancers
Today's post contains some exercise tips to keep in mind during all of your resistance band exercises:
- Warm up the muscles you plan to exercise and stretch after you've exercised.
- Maintain good posture, such as keeping your wrists in line with your elbows. If you start to lose your posture, stop, reposition and start again.
- Remember to keep breathing during the exercise. Exhaling during the difficult phase and inhale during the easiest.
- Use slow, controlled movements
- Maintain the natural width of the band, to keep it from sliding or digging into your body.