I love starting class with cardio-inspired workouts to get the blood moving before we move into larger movements.
Here are some songs that my dancers love "working out" to! (links open in iTunes)
- One in a Million - Down With Webster
- The Spark (ft. Spree Wilson) - Afrojack - These first two songs are lesser known, which means they aren't overplayed on the radio and the kids don't know every word, but they still have a great beat.
- Hey Brother - Avicii
- Timber - Pitbull ft. Ke$ha - I have a killer tap stamina warm-up to this song for my advanced girls - I get requests for it every week... not sure if the kids like the tap exercise or just listening to the song. :)
- Weekends!!! - Skrillex (feat. Sirah)
- Changing Of The Seasons - Two Door Cinema Club
- Luck - American Authors
- Further On - Bronze Radio Return
- Now I See - Tessa Rose Jackson - a little more laid-back - would be good for light warm-up or cool down