Friday, December 10, 2010

Blog Soul Searching

Hi all!
Nichelle's Blog Contest really got me thinking. She's asking people to enter their blogs to win "Top Dance Blog" and in order to do that, you have to put your blog into a category.

I realized that when I started this blog three months ago, I naively would have said my category was "Dance". I didn't realize the vast number of dance blogs out there that fill every niche and corner. I took some time to reevaluate where I want to go with this blog and narrow my perspective.

Looking back at posts, my most successful ones were aimed toward dance teachers and studio owners (iTunes post, playlists, new season wisdom) which is not surprising, considering I am both of those. Starting now, I am going to aim more of my posts towards dance teachers and studio owners.

So dear readers, if you are out there, consider this a New Year's Resolution of some sort--my goal for 2011 is to find my blogging niche and fill it! I hope you'll come with me and enjoy the journey!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, this seems to be your niche, Cait and your ideas and suggestions are always quality. Blogs grow and get focused as they go - it's great to set goals. I started with ultra-wide focus and still cover probably way too much but I have to say that when I started there weren't many blogs at all covering dance education or training so I felt like I was filling a big hole. I'm glad to see that spaces are being filled in, I think it strengthens the online community.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...