Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holiday Craft: Personalized Ornaments

I wanted to share a gift I made for my youngest students (ages 5-7) that was easy and fast to make...and it was cheap!

24 Shatter-proof Ornaments - $3.50
Permanent Paint Marker - $2.00
Spray Glitter - $2.99
Ribbon or pipe cleaners - $1.99
Cost per student: Around $0.40

If you have more students, the cost per student only goes down because the paint makers and glitter will be able to be used again.  I already had the silver paint marker, spray glitter and leftover pipe cleaners so my only cost was the ornaments - and my students were so excited to see their name on an ornament and moms were appreciative that they weren't getting a sugar-high before dinner.


DIRECTIONS
To make them, I took shatter-proof ornaments and simply wrote the student's names on the front of each one and then "Dance 2010, Love Miss Cait" on the back and drew some simple snowflakes.  Then I put them in a shoe box and generously sprayed them with glitter.  I didn't have any ribbon, so I made "hangers" out of pipe cleaners.  Total time invested - one hour plus drying time (another hour).

Not bad for a day's work!

Please ignore my purple alien hand.
See other Holiday Crafts
*********************************************
If you enjoyed this post, take a moment to VOTE FOR US for Top Dance Blog of 2010 by commenting on the post (click this link). Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...