Here is some "wisdom" I gained from this past week:
- Name labels for the preschool students seem like a good idea until you find one stuck right in the middle of your newly cleaned marley floor.
- The waiting room walls you painted this summer will be scuffed within 30 seconds of opening the doors.
- Take some time to evaluate what items/decor in your lobby looks climb-able to younger brothers and bolt them to the wall of floor, using twice the amount of bolts you think is necessary!
- Important Assistant Teacher Training Topic: Identifying the "toddler potty dance" and taking immediate action
- Write a handy list of FAQ's with stock answers for your receptionist/office manager to reply to parents with. Topics should include, but are not limited to: "When can my 3 year old go en pointe", "My child is much too advanced for this class" and "I have soccer practice/cheerleading/piano lessons - can I just start in November"?
- You can't please everyone!