Thursday, May 10, 2012

10 Hair & Make-Up Tutorials For Recital

Recital season is upon us in the US, and with it comes lots of parents and kids who have never done stage hair or make-up before!  I used to do demonstrations for some of my classes, but it is difficult to find the time when everyone is available, so I have switched to emailing YouTube links.  My students' parents love it when I point them to a YouTube tutorial - and I have learned a few tricks myself!

Here are some of my favorite tutorials for applying stage make-up and doing hair.  And be sure to share your favorite tips and tricks in the comments!

MAKE-UP TUTORIALS
For older students:
  (JAM Cosmetics)


For children:
  (JAM Cosmetics)

From start to finish w/little explanation, just her applying make-up:


More specific tutorials





HAIR TUTORIALS
Ballet Bun:


Ponytail:



More specific tutorials & other information

Here's to a great performance for your dancers!

Do you have any tips or tricks for doing stage make-up and hair?  Tell us in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...