Here are some of my favorite tutorials for applying stage make-up and doing hair. And be sure to share your favorite tips and tricks in the comments!
For older students:
From start to finish w/little explanation, just her applying make-up:
More specific tutorials
- Stage Make-up for Male Dancers (in my opinion, a little too detailed for my pre-teen guys, but great for my older competition male dancers)
- Foundation and Blush by Fit For a Feast
- False Eyelashes by Kandee Johnson
- Applying Mascara on Children
More specific tutorials & other information
- Bun for Short Hair (using a "rat" / sock)
- Great info for "Period" and "Character" pieces (scroll down past the videos)
- More info from JAM cosmetics
Here's to a great performance for your dancers!
Do you have any tips or tricks for doing stage make-up and hair? Tell us in the comments!