Thursday, August 9, 2012

Reading List

I started titling this entry "Summer Reading List", but then realized that it's already August!  Yikes!  So I will call this my Late-Summer / Early-Fall reading list and hope I get through most of the books by the time the leaves start to fall.

This is also my response to August's Blog Challenge - what are you reading?

And p.s.... Happy National Book Lover's Day!  Total unplanned coincidence!

Dance Books

The Human Alphabet by Pilobolus - can't wait to use this one in creative movement class in the fall!

The Souls of Your Feet by Acia Gray - a tap book!

Twyla Tharp: The Creative Habit - I have been meaning to read this book for ages...

Creative Dance for All Ages by Anne Green Gilbert - this was recommended to me by a colleague as a springboard for developing creative movement ideas

Business Books

The Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte - I started reading this the other day and so far it is a nice change of pace from usual business books - it's like a breath of fresh air!

Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon - a nice little book that promises to be full of inspiration, if its anything like his blog



Quick word about my affiliate relationship with Amazon so we're all clear:  If you click the links above and end up purchasing a book, I get a teeny percentage of the sale.  If you don't want to do this, you can search for the book on another site or use Amazon without clicking the links.  Yay freedom of choices! 

1 comment:

  1. My Anne Green Gilbert book is falling apart! She's awesome. I aspire to be her! :) I also look forward to getting the Alphabet book! :) Will check out the other ones too. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...