Do you have a student who can't keep his or her feet from flying? Try these super-quick songs:
More Jazz Tunes
- "Frim Fram Sauce" (Diana Krall) - A great soft shoe song - Diana Krall's voice and the slow jazz music are perfectly suited for some tapping on top. Just make sure your soloist has the stage presence to pull off this slower number.
- "This Can't Be Love" (Stacey Kent) - Enjoy Diana Krall? Check out Stacey Kent for some other lovely tappable female jazz vocals.
- "Steppin' Out" (Tony Bennett) - perfect for a male tap solo
Fresh Tap Music
- "Blue Jeans" (Jessie James) - a nice sassy song for a teen - lots of great rhythm
- "Tightrope (Goodwill Remix)" (Janelle Monae)- I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of this song this year, so here are a few remixes
Character & Show Tunes
- "Miss Otis Regrets" (Bette Midler) - A classic for someone with lots of personality! Could also work as a duet or trio
- "Dimples" (Little Me) - a cute little song
- "Supercalifragilisticexpialicious" (Harry Connick Jr.) - love his cover of this song
Try these two songs on for size for an elementary/middle schooler:
Still want more? Check out my full list here: http://www.squidoo.com/tap-dance-solo-songs